Engelbert Strauss competition
1. The competition is organised by Engelbert Strauss GmbH & Co. KG, Frankfurter Str. 98 – 108, 63599 Biebergemünd.
2. The competition is not connected to Instagram and is not sponsored, supported or organised by Instagram in any way.
The participants cannot make any claims toward Instagram that are connected to participation in the competition.
3. The organiser, not Instagram, is the recipient of the information and data provided by the participants.
4. All enquiries or information about the competition must be sent to the organiser and not Instagram.
II. Eligibility to participate
1. Natural persons who are at least 18 years of age are eligible to participate and win the competition. Persons who are not yet 18 years old require permission from their legal guardian to participate. If no permission is provided, they may not participate in the competition.
2. Employees of the organiser and affiliated companies and their relatives may not participate.
3. Participants must have an Instagram account to participate in the competition.
III. Competition process
1. The competition starts as soon as an announcement to participate is posted on Engelbert Strauss’ Instagram channel and ends by 11:59 pm on 15th of August 2021.
2. To participate in the competition, participants must tag a friend under the competition post.
3. On 16th of August 2021, a winner will be drawn at random from among all participants who have commented on the competition post. The prize is the Strauss alphorn which was made by Heinz Tschiemer.
4. The winner will be publicly announced by stating his Instagram user name by means of a comment under the competition post. By participating in the competition, the participant expressly agrees that his Instagram user name will be published on the Instagram account of @engelbert_strauss in the event of a win.
5. Upon publication, the winner will be asked to send a private message to Engelbert Strauss' Instagram profile by 23rd August 2021 at 11:59 pm, stating the full contact details, in order to claim the prize.
6. If the respective winner has not registered by private message by 23rd of August 2021 at 11:59 pm, his / her claim to the prize will be forfeited. In this case, another draw will take place among the remaining participants. The winner determined in this way has seven days from the announcement under the competition post to claim their prize by private message to the Engelbert Strauss Instagram account.
7. The prize will be sent free of charge to the address given by the respective winner within 12 weeks of receipt of the private message. The respective winner is responsible for the correctness of the contact details. In the case of undeliverable mail returns, the entitlement to the prize expires.
8. The winners are not entitled to cash payment. The prizes cannot be transferred to third parties nor exchanged.
IV. Disclaimer of warranty
1. The organiser points out that the availability and function of the competition cannot be guaranteed. The competition can be terminated or removed due to external circumstances and constraints without the participant having any claims against the organizer. This can include technical problems, rule changes or decisions by platforms such as Instagram if the competition is organized on or in connection with them.
2. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time without giving reasons or to change the conditions of participation.
1. The liability of the organiser and his vicarious agents for culpable damage, including subsequent damages, is excluded, if the damage was not caused intentionally or by gross negligence. This does not apply to damages resulting from the loss of life, physical injury and damage to health or owing to the culpable violation of substantial contractual obligations.
2. In the event of the culpable violation of substantial contractual obligations that are due to circumstances other than intent or gross negligence, the organiser’s liability is limited to typically foreseeable damage.
VI. Responsibility for content
1. The organiser is not obliged to check the content provided by the participants (in particular pictures and/or videos) for potential breaches of third-party rights. However, the organiser is entitled to reject content that it deems to be unlawful or immoral.
2. When uploading content, in particular pictures and/or videos, the participant expressly states that the content is free of third-party rights, i.e. that the content is their own or that they have the consent of the original owner and also permission of any persons depicted on the pictures or videos.
3. The participants will indemnify the organiser against all claims of third parties based on content provided by the participants. They also agree to provide any reasonable support necessary to help the organiser’s defence against these claims.
VII. Data protection
In addition, the following information about data protection/FAQs issued by the organiser applies (information acc. to Art. 13 DS-GVO):
1. Who is responsible for data processing?
The office responsible for processing your personal data is the company Engelbert Strauss GmbH & Co. KG, Frankfurter Str. 98 – 108, 63599 Biebergemünd (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can contact our Data Protection Officer, Dr. Florian Modlinger, by e-mail at email@example.com.
2. What sources and data do we use?
As the organiser of the competition, we collect and process your data to organise and process the competition and if this data is required to establish the legal relationship with you as a participant. This includes the full name, address and your Instagram user name.
3. What do we need the data for (processing purpose) and what is the legal base?
We process data in compliance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) and the German Data Protection Act (BDSG) to organise and process the competition. Your personal data is processed to organise the competition and, in particular for payment and/or handover of the prizes (Art. 6 Par. 1 b) DS-GVO) and to meet statutory requirements (Art. 6 Par. 1 c) DS-GVO).
4. Who receives my data?
Only those persons in our company who need your data to fulfil our contractual and statutory duties receive your personal data. We will send your personal data to transportation service provider for the purpose of sending you your prize. A selection of the contributions by participants will be posted on the organiser’s Instagram channel.
5. How long will my data be stored?
If legally permissible, we process and store your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the respective purpose, i.e. to process the competition. After this, the data is deleted regularly unless you have given us your consent to send you product information. We do not delete data if it is required to comply with commercial or tax-related storage periods as defined in the Commercial Code (HGB) and tax-related regulations (Fiscal Law (AO) and the rules in the Fiscal Code Application Decree (AEAO). In this case, the storage and/or documentation deadlines defined in these works apply. This is usually ten years.
6. What data protection rights do I have?
You have the right to information pursuant to Art. 15 DS-GVO, the right to correction pursuant to Art. 16 DS-GVO, the right to deletion pursuant to Art. 17 DS-GVO, the right to restrict processing pursuant to Art. 18 DS-GVO, the right to data transfer from Art. 20 DS-GVO and the right to object to the processing of personal data under the conditions stated in Art. 21 DS-GVO. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority (Art. 77 DS-GVO in conjunction with § 19 BDSG).
7. Am I obliged to provide this data?
Within the scope of the competition, you only need to provide data relevant for the competition or data that we are obliged to collect under law. If you do not provide the data, this may impact on participation or make participation impossible.
8. To what extent is automated decision-making applied? Is my data used to create profiles (scoring)?
We do not practice fully automated decision-making according to Art. 22 DS-GVO. If this method is applied in individual cases, we will inform you separately, if we have a statutory duty to do so. We do not use your data to evaluate certain personal aspects (Profiling).
9. What else there to consider?
For the rest - especially with regard to the processing of your social media data - our data protection information for social media applies. You can find them at:
Contact data of the organiser
Engelbert Strauss GmbH & Co. KG
Frankfurter Str. 98 – 108